On March 12, 2013, in Washington, DC, National NeighborWorks® Association joined (NNA) with a coast-to-coast coalition to launch a unique national movement called Home Matters. Home Matters aims to build public support for the essential role that Home plays as the bedrock for thriving lives, families, and a stronger nation. As it expands, Home Matters will go beyond housing and illuminate the connections between stable housing and other important facets of American life such as:
- Individual Success: Home recharges adults and children alike for the day ahead.
- Education: Children in stable homes learn and achieve more in school.
- Health: Healthy habits take root more easily in stable affordable homes.
- Public Safety: Stable homes make communities safer.
- A Strong Economy: By having a Home that is affordable, people of all income levels have more to spend and support the economy.
NNA is a proud supporter of the Home Matters movement.
Please visit the Home Matters website (www.HomeMattersAmerica.com) to learn more and join the movement.